Monday, December 29, 2008

The End of a Year

My Favorite Christmas Day 2008 Memories :
-CNN Season 1 on DVD (unedited and unexpurgated)
-Three of my nephews playing with a clone trooper helmet
-Reading Kafka and taking a long nap
-Roxy (the German Shepherd) hiding under the dining room table
-holiday txtmsgs
-My brother, who is 31, getting excited about getting a lightsaber for Christmas
-He also gave a bunch of Star Wars themed presents to my nephews, making it a Star Wars themed Christmas overall
-My oldest niece and nephew playing spies together, and labeling my brother and I as "two really really bad guys" who stole 62 pounds of diamonds the size of an adult's heart.

My Christmas Presents:
-clothes
-CNN season one on DVD (actually it was Columbo season 5, which I had to give back to my Mom)
-fondu set
-pink flamingo slippers
-jewelry
-money
-purse
-boots
-coco mix with 2 mugs
-Trivial Pursuit

Other Memorable Moments from Christmas Break So Far:
-Reading The Great Wall of China by Kafka to my nephew Charlie as a bedtime story
-Visiting target about three times in four days
-Dinner with high school friends I haven't seen in four years
-Seeing Valkyrie and Bolt
-Showing Mom that there are bathrooms in Borders
-The lack of cooperation between myself and my hair
-My niece Quinlan's birthday party dinner with the missionaries
-My nephew Braxton whispering that Quinlan was opening my present (psst... this one is yours..!) because I didn't know what I was giving
-txtmsging my brother-in-law in binary