Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nature vs Nurture

Things Lots of Other People Do Naturally That I Just Don't:
-get excited
-compliment people
-socialize whenever, where ever
-talk to people in the morning
-take initiative
-pay attention in engaging conversations
-smile at strangers
-show a full range of emotions
-say nice things to people
-ask questions that are practical
-like breaks from classes or graduating
-care about others' feelings in conversations

Things I Do Naturally That Lots of Other People Don't Seem to:
-talk to myself, pretty much constantly and about anything
-keep calm, or at least a stiff upper-lip
-keep my thoughts to myself in public
-enjoy silence
-enjoy solitude
-research everything ever just to know more about it
-accidentally scowl instead of smile
-space out, constantly
-giggle at seemingly nothing, pretty much everyday
-expect everyone to be independent and ask for favors
-expect things to be done for me (I've decided this is because I'm the youngest, so everything was always done for me growing up and it's hard for me to remember that I have to do certain things)

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Interesting! I actually have many of those same characteristics. Although, I have seen you get excited before--I remember a Cillian-Murphy-enduced hugging spree sometime long ago.

lyr said...

That is because Cillian Murphy can produce miracles.