Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pros of Being Witty/Sarcastic:
-Comedic value, especially when the other party is in the dark
-Ability to take advantage of the confusion that ensues
-People who understand think I'm that much more intelligent
-It's kind of like mental exercise in a comedic style
-Practice reaction time in conversations
-I can amuse myself no matter what anyone else thinks

Cons to Being Witty/Sarcastic:
-People don't understand and I look like a crazy/stupid woman
-People do understand but think that I'm a horribly mean person
-People don't understand and the conversation takes an awkward turn towards explaining random comments
-People don't hear, and ask to repeat, which is never as funny as the original moment
-People don't think I'm as funny/smart as I am
-People think I'm funnier/smarter than I really am, and thus I have high expectations to live up to

No comments: